I purchased my Macbook Pro in October. I had four weeks of bliss, then I installed Leopard. Stupid mistake. All I can think is that there are two possible explanations for the problems I've been having:
1. Apple made the biggest blunder in computing history by releasing Leopard. It's feature dry and has crashed on me countless times.
2. Mac fanboys have been lying to us all for years now. There is a conspiracy to cover up any and all mistakes that Apple makes.
Now don't get me wrong - I'm not comparing Apple's blunder(s) to anything on the scale of Microsoft's blunders. Microsoft have certainly released OS's with fewer enhancements (Windows ME) and OSs with many more bugs (OK, well every OS release from MS has been buggier than what I'm currently experiencing). However, my expectations for Apple have been raised. I had been convinced that Apple can do no wrong.
For those curious, here are some of the problems I've experienced with the upgrade:
* Printing orientation
* Lock-ups
* Keyboard stops working
* Mouse stops working
* Networked drive drop-outs
* Standby irregularities
So, I'd like the Apple community to face facts: Don't hide the imperfections. Face the facts. Apple isn't perfect, it's just the best option there is.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment